Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Equinox

With the late season, we were able to enjoy Olathe Sweet Corn during our Colorado visit. Unfortunately with the Rocky Ford cantaloupe scare, we didn't get any fresh cantaloupe.
Only a snippet of the colors we witnessed.


I was super sensitive this trip. I'm sure it mostly stems from my mother's 12 year anniversary of her death. She died here in Delta and we were visiting the exact same day. She had pancreatic cancer and was diagnosed 8/23/1999. A month later, she died. It was right before Carolyne was born and I will never forget it.
My mother, Carol.
Colorado's beauty and farewell to summer during the fall is unforgettable. The colors are vivid and vibrant. A leaping or jump - last call to remembrance.

I can't say that we will move there again. Too expensive and our lives have changed so much. But I am so appreciative of the time we shared there.

1 comment:

  1. Mom was definitely a beautiful person...in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete