Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Arizona and Western Slope of Colorado

After not visiting my sister for over 3 years in Colorado, it was a welcome sight to drive the 11 hours from Lake Havasu City, AZ to Montrose, Delta and Cedaredge, Colorado. The colors were just beginning to change and because the season was late we were able to partake in the Olathe Sweet Corn that is famous in the small town from which my husband graduated from high school.
Sam in background, Carolyne and center, Ben.

Tim with Grandpa's toy
Gabe, Ben and Sam
Carolyne

My friend, Debbie, and her beloved project, Bella

I love Colorado. I wish we still had a home there. Visiting with my sister, her husband and their boys just made me long for the mountains even more. The golden leaves, snow peaked mountaintops and crisp air was welcome respite after a long and sweaty summer waiting it out in Mazatlan.



1 comment: